Sunday, May 13, 2012

Work in Progress Breast Cancer Survivor Care Package...coming along

Well, this project is getting closer to the end.  Yesterday, I had a minor set back.  I was originally thinking I could make beads for a statement necklace, earring, bracelet set with pink and black polymer clay and paper butterflies.  Well, ixnay on the polymer clay bead backing.  I did have that lurking notion that the material just was not going to be appropriate...luckily it broke immediately during glue up.  So I found a different solution and threw the beads in the trash.  Kind of a bummer because the cane was pretty wicked.  Seems this project is going to utilize more cereal boxes.  Yay for going green!  This is turning out better than I imagined and I am able to tie more of the individual pieces together to make a whole composition, as I am also incorporating the lace that I am using as foo foo for the dolls' dresses and scarves/hats (we'll see what comes out of the hand through the spirit when I begin to pull the needle and thread).

The little God boxes are turning out really sweet.  Yep, I think I am definitely going to be making more of these for the Etsy shop and a few of my friends.  I like that they are constructed out of cereal boxes and the magic of decoupage and paint.  Around the boxes I hand scripted the Serenity Prayer.  Let's take a moment for that now.

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change
courage to change the things I can
and wisdom to know the difference.
Amen

The journals are probably the least far along.  I planned on having the dolls finished yesterday.  I worked on the boxes instead and completed the facial embroidery on the dolls.  I guess I'm kind of saving them to work on in bits and pieces because hand stitching is easier in my mind and soothing.

Below are some new photos of current progress.
lace paint and cardboard for butterfly beads


Serenity Prayer God Boxes

God grant me serenity to accept the things I cannot

change, courage to change

the things I can & the wisdom to know the difference


Journals in progress atop lace bead support

sisters waiting for clothes and finishing touches

No comments:

Post a Comment