Sunday, September 1, 2024

12 Year Dissociation

Wearing shorts at the kitchen sink

Speaker loud

"Haunted by the ghost of you"

Hands wash diligently 

Head buzzes 

Overdosed hot chocolate 

Hot September morning

"I don't know what I'm supposed to do"

Planned to run

Distracted packing 

Frozen staring moments uncountable 

Lost red dog pissed on the floor

Books of art plates coughed up hair 

Police seizing pages

Valuable as my virtue

Toppling off rail of my station wagon

Nothing makes sense 

I'm privileged 

Stairwell photo of your Aunt's wedding 

Your toddler fingers rub the fabric of her dress

Your eyes

I see you 

My heart is breaking

"I am not the only traveler..."

Did I do enough

Dysfunction rolls across all of time

Nature of man exactly as it should be

Perfectly no mistake 

Noses half snaps genetically weakened by industry

Nothing is whole 

Injustice smells like money in hog troughs

While water flows with DNA

I'm sorry

My heart is breaking 

Who cares anyway

Dust like flies everywhere 

My hand touches desert rock

Will it know the feelings words cannot replace

Where will energy go when breath ends

My heart is breaking

"to the night we met "

Who were we

Haunted by ghosts of men 

Black fish suffocating in a dying pond

You knew it was there

Above everything

His arms carried you

You saw it all

Sealed in mitochondria 

My heart is breaking





No comments:

Post a Comment