Friday, May 21, 2021

Hog-tied in Seeleyville

I’m ashamed to admit it 

Your beating heart might be the only real thing

Keeping me alive right now


I’m ashamed to say I’ve lost all

The meaning of life right at my fingertips

Beautiful joys got me buried in gratitude


What was I supposed to do

Just do what you can in 12 or 13 hours

It’s just life and always time to go anyway


What if it’s all being done 

Without thought or love on purpose 

All the magic I make-believe is gonna disappear


I couldn’t imagine you seeing me swinging 

Hanging works but is too eerily haunting 

So I’ll stay and put it away safe tonight


Why must I block my intimacy with a wall

Was my mouth always taped shut

With me just leaning into dark stolen places


I’m ashamed I trusted myself instead of wisdom

Lest I woke up naked, sick and wet 

Tangled in cord on the stripped mattress top


I’d die if it had happened to you

So I’ll sleep with the moon in the window

Your beating heart keeping me here another day







No comments:

Post a Comment