Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Any Coast Swallowing

It’s a day to try cleaning and so many boxes

Are finally burning in the fire pit 

I wanted to feel joyous and delivered

So many aluminum seltzer cans have littered

The concrete floor crushed and some not

Making me madder and madder 

Each can I stomp and throw into a bigger bag

To pack to the metal recycling plant 

This is not my shit!

This broken wasted debris was mine 

Only by name on a joint tax return

But again I’m bent over on my knees 

I can’t stop crying I’m so mad I’ve given up

I surrender and can’t try to pretend 

That I’m being selfish ungrateful and petty

There are obligations I have to keep me

From getting in the Veracruz and driving East 

Or North or maybe South until 

The road completely runs out

Where I get out and walk throat deep into 

Whatever coast will swallow me whole



No comments:

Post a Comment