Monday, May 9, 2022

Ghost on the tracks at Chapel Hill

Looking back at these pictures

We did the best we knew how

I’m so tired now

And I’m so tired 

I didn’t have time to fret or define 

I’m so tired now 

I’m just gonna lay here in the sun

And ask the grass to eat me 

From the inside out

So those who love me 

Won’t hurt if I become invisible

We were trying to fly a kite 

With too many wires in the sky

Found a tent we could pop up 

By the rocks and ticks instead 

That was always good enough

I’m sorry I can’t make myself 

Feel like I could

I hate myself for my dark mind 

Staining such a bright day 

In this wide country

I ask you for help

You say I shouldn’t need it

I’m so tired now

Just gonna sit right here

Close my eyes 

Learning to pray I dream instead



No comments:

Post a Comment