Thursday, May 5, 2011

Inspirational


While browsing on the internet yesterday, I came across Kate Raudenbush, artist.  Her work and words spoke to the very aching which has taken up refuge in my heart over the last few weeks or longer and pushed open the window another inch.  She is a loving and thorough artist, responsibly contributing to humanity.  I utilize yesterday's experience as a sign that I am on the pursuit.  Whew, what a relief! I celebrated with Sirsasana-30 breaths!  For me this is accomplishment I will capture and own!

For years I have been researching my ancestry, the Siege of Leningrad, and the Balkan and Rwandan nightmares of the 90's, and many other unnamed anthropological instances.  In this time, while consciously holding the hand of the one who gives life to breath, I've dove into yoga practice and eaten so many novels, frivolous and not so.  In 2011, I've begun researching and contacting artists thriving and producing in this current collection of time.  Most of my contact has been to thank the artist for creating and putting their work and story out for the public eye and to ask for personal encouragement, which they gave.   I will continue developing an installation.  It is very exciting to create art and I am shedding the guilt that pollutes my mind into thinking I've not been working.  That is just a lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment