Friday, March 25, 2011

Artist websites of interest for the week


I was browsing some artist websites and came across this site.  Her work spoke to me.  I possess an affinity for antique fabrics and textures.  Her theme of work aligns with my current state of creativity brewing, so I am thankful to have come across her work.  I love media that you can touch, smell, taste, and or hear with your eyes, in addition to just see.


I also researched this artist after my daughter brought home her library book Pink and Say.  Toward the end of reading this book I had to hesitate while reading.  Finally, my daughter asked, "Mom are you crying?"  I was.  Her illustrations are great and her stories are so relevant to the heart of a child or a person, at least this person.  The author didn't write her first story until she was 41 years old.  Whew that means there is hope for me, too.

I truly believe there are no coincidences.  What I experienced by visiting these websites were just what I needed.  For that I am grateful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment