Friday, February 11, 2022

Car Rider

Listening to piano chords to torture myself


Mourning a loss of something nothing


Yet I can’t turn my ears away 


Repeating again the new piece


Purposely chosen for my ride home 


By the gods ruling over my music system


The very moment my son closed the car door 


Turning away to walk through the winter grass to the school


Easily as that without a goodbye 


Had I not spoken first 


He turned away shutting out one life and motivated in the other


With pain and envy I took a notice


I was unable to even cry no more than a few ticks on the watch 


Sobs remained dry without tears


It’s better this way to squeeze out every drop of feeling to only feel numb


Which is not really numb


Instead real pain like mud and algae at the bottom of a shallow dark pond 


Where my foot finds broken glass or bottle tops



No comments:

Post a Comment