Friday, February 11, 2022

Digital Grace

Everything is digital now

Clean and sanitized hands off and visually smooth

Easier now, no need for executive paper

Nor to lug around a slide carousel 

That is why my heart drops now below my diaphragm 

When I recall your fullness in my mouth

Nothing digital remains of these moments 

No dirty footprints left on the mat

I’m hastily stapling the memories to the bulletin board 

In the selfish corner of my mind

How many more of these thoughts will pull at my toes 

While I watch a movie lying unsuspecting on the rug

Burn on my lips tasting hot oatmeal fresh from the microwave 

Or trick my brain into feeling your postcoital perspiration 

As I finger the condensation on the seltzer can

What else is haunting quietly 

Only to surface and perpetuate relinquished longing






No comments:

Post a Comment