Monday, February 21, 2022

Borders and Feather Earrings

When my father-in-law passed

He said it’s freeing in a sense 

found the black and yellow 

Feathers on the ground

And at that moment I knew

I was connected by the invisible 

Threads of all of time and space 

All the minds electricities of 

Every sentient being past present and future 

It was calm like the gather of 

Bees collecting pollen when the garden is purple 


That was years ago


I squint my eyes watching the road out the window


Where did that content go


The content of the unknown 


Always her hand on my elbow as 


She leans on her staff


Humming the drone of 


Infant days on my mother’s chest 


With her heartbeat and her ribs 


And the smell of a summer rose



It’s kinky


Exciting


Missing a piece of the puzzle 


Taken up by the vacuum off the carpet under the table


I want your face near my hands 


My nose only minute distance from your changing beard


Its black today with a crisp line near your throat


Our skin soft and wet


Like the lumbar curve under the 


Horse’s saddle, sweaty after a 


Long ride through the woods and 


Among the cattle with their young


Freeing in a sense


A release from the real world


Always I’ll come back to that 


Through the spaces between

The fence rows 



No comments:

Post a Comment